- Information We Collect
- Usage Information
- Message Privacy
- How We Use This Information
- Public Information
- Public Vs Private Membership
- Display Name
- Anonymous Profile URL’s
- Information That Is Publicly Available
- Private Information
- Block and Remove Cookies
- Your Access To Your Own Personal Information
- Deleting Your Account
- Privacy And Protection
- SSL and CSRF
- Underage Protection
- What We Cannot Protect
- Third Party Websites
- Contact Us
Information We Collect
- Registration Information. The information you are asked to provide upon registration includes your full name, email address, date of birth, gender, etc.
- Personal Information. In addition to your registration information you will be asked to provide items that will be shared with our other users. This can include personal details about you and your life, photos, display name, gender, messages, etc.
- We do provide your age on the website but we opt to hide your actual birth date from people viewing your profile.
- When you contact us by email for technical support or questions you also choose to share information with us in that form. You also share information about yourself when you add a favorite or have activity throughout our site.
- Data is received on our end regarding when you use the Adamo Dating website. We also know when you look at a member’s profile, send messages, receive messages, perform a search for another member, use our mobile website and other functions.
- Photos that you post on your Adamo Dating profile can provide geolocation data (or metadata) to us such as time, date, place and the type of camera equipment used to take the photo. We strip all available EXIF data from the photos posted on our site prior to storing them on our server. We also reset the name of your photo to randomized string of characters.
- We collect data regarding the computer, mobile phone or device you are using to access our site. We also take note of instances when multiple users log in to Adamo Dating from the same device. This information comes to us by way of network information such as an IP address, mobile phone number, internet service provider information, computer operating system, location, type of device being used and the pages you visit. While this information may be stored on behalf of a third part service it does not provide personally identifiable information.
- Our affiliates, advertising partners, customers and third parties often provide data that helps deliver ads as well as improve Adamo Dating by understanding your online activity better. An example of this would be if you respond to an ad that was posted on the Adamo Dating website. That advertiser may inform us of your activity and this helps us improve the quality of our advertising on our website.
- In addition to using the information you provide us we also collect data regarding your favorites on the site so we are able to suggest other profiles to you that may be of interest. For example, we may simply use your native speaking language to pair you with other people who speak that language.
- Your name and other information that personally identifies you will be removed completely from data that we provide to our advertising partners or customers.
- Any communication that takes place between you and another Adamo Dating member by way of messages remains private between the two of you. No other member can view these messages. The only time we at Adamo Dating will view your messages is if we receive a report from another member that you have been communicating in an abusive or threatening way. When we view messages for this purpose they are held in confidence within the bounds of Norwegian Law.
How We Use This Information
- The information we receive about you can potentially be used to: a) Enhance the safety and security of our website b) Protect Adamo Dating as well as our user’s rights and property c) Suggest to you other users of Adamo Dating d) Troubleshoot, analyze date, test, research and service our website
- When you provide us with your personal information we are able to provide you with new features and services as well as utilize your information in new and improved ways.
- Your information remains your property and because we want to retain your trust we will not share any information about you unless we have received your permission, given you notice or have removed your personally identifying information from your data.
- We retain information about you as long as it is needed to provide proper services to you as well as other users. For the most part, your provided information will be kept until your account is deleted.
- We reserve the right to enable access to public information that has been shared through our services.
- We reserve the right to allow service providers to access information in order to help us provide services to our users.
- This includes the information that you personally choose to make public along with information that is kept publicly available. The general public will be able to access this information and whatever photos or information you have included in your profile can be associated with you.
Public Vs Private Membership
- During the signup process on Adamodating.com there is an option to make the account “public” or “private”. Private accounts can only be viewed by other members of the website, not guests. These private accounts are not indexed by search engines and if a guest attempts to view a private profile they will receive a “404″ error explaining that the page does not exist. A public membership can be viewed by anyone and will show up in a search engine query.
- Members can choose to set a display name that does or does not reveal their full, legal name. In other words you can choose to use a nickname in order to protect the fact that you are actively using a dating website.
Anonymous Profile URL’s
- To protect our members we do not use any personally identifying information in the member profile URL. We do, however, provide gender and country information in each URL of a profile ID in order to allow other people to access select profiles in a faster manner. We do not believe this infringes on the privacy of our members but rather provides a useful functionality for search engine indexing. A private profile will not be indexed by search engines but rather will return a 404 error to non-members of Adamo Dating.
- An example of a profile URL: “https://adamodating.com/profile/7qFkR4d8CdBiA5i48bCgREMkFG/man-from-norway”
Information That Is Publicly Available
- Name / Display Name. This display name is used to identify your profile to other people. You can choose a display name for privacy purposes if you so desire.
- Profile Pictures. Your profile picture can be viewed by potential connections in order to see what you look like. You can delete these photos if you do not want them to be public. When you add a new profile photo the photo you previously used remains in your public gallery. You can change the privacy setting on this photo to private if you wish.
- Photo Gallery. You can add additional photos to give potential partners a better idea of who you are. You have control over deleting these photos at any time and have the option to make them private. You can allow members to view a private photo by sending it as an attachment within a message. Please keep in mind once you send a photo to another person that person can retain the photo even if you delete it from your account.
- Gender. This allows Adamo Dating to refer to you properly and it allows other members to find you.
- User ID. This ID allows you to give a custom link to your profile.
- User ID. A User ID is a unique string of letters and numbers used to identify you on the Adamo Dating website. If a member possesses your User ID they can utilize it to access information about you through the website. The only way around this is if you have set your profile to “Private” and this will result in a 404 Error page.
- Types Of Cookies We Use.
- Cookies that take note of the language and gender choice selected. This information is chosen by a user on the first splash page and is required in order to see profiles from the opposite gender and selected language.
- Session cookies are stored by private server storage in a randomized ID string fashion and it is deleted periodically every 48 hours. These cookies are links between a user’s current browsing session and the web application. This helps with language display, notifications, registration steps and more.
- We may also store cookies that relate to our third party services. This can include social platform sharing buttons, Google Analytics or feedback.
- In addition to these outlined cookies that both guests and members use, members also have the option to select the “Remember Me” option when they login. This is one of the ways that we can provide faster access and usage of Adamo Dating.
Block and Remove Cookies
- Different operating systems and mobile devices provide controls that let you remove or block cookies. You can refer to your browser or device’s help material to find out what these controls are and how to use them. Please be advised that blocking or removing cookies from your device can affect your usage of Adamo Dating as well as other websites and applications.
Your Access To Your Own Personal Information
- What You Have Access To. At any given time you have full and complete access to your Adamo Dating account, profile and personal information. You can change your personal information at any time and you have full control over how much or how little personal information you wish to share with other users.
Deleting Your Account
- If you no longer want to use your account on the Adamo Dating website you have the personal choice to delete your entire account, permanently. When you delete your account it is instantaneous but we likely will retain some of your information in our logs and backups for as long as 12 months. Also, your display name and country is visible publicly to users that have received or sent messages to you at some point. This is a courtesy to our current users.
- The process of deletion can be done by visiting your dashboard settings.
Privacy And Protection
- How We Protect You and Your Information. We here at Adamo Dating are strongly committed to protecting you as well as your personal information. We have industry standard network monitoring tools that are constantly at work on our servers. These tools are used to prevent any security breaches from occurring as well as protecting the security of your data.
- Your password is securely hashed before we store it. Access to our servers and data backups is regulated and monitored. All employees of Adamo Dating that have access to your personal information must adhere to strict standards of confidentiality. In addition, our servers are regularly maintained and updated with current security patches.
SSL and CSRF
- The browsing that is done through Adamodating.com is run through high level SSL, or Secure Socket Layer, encryption at all times. This ensure that there is no “man in the middle” snooping occurring between our servers and your browser or mobile device.
- Data that is submitted through forms is also encrypted and protected by unique CSRF tokens. This ensures that no unauthorized commands are transmitted from a trusted user.
- Our website is marketed towards a general audience however we restrict the use of Adamo Dating to individuals that are at least 18 years of age and above.
What We Cannot Protect
- The internet is a big place and while your privacy and protection is our main goal we can only do so much. Part of the responsibility falls on your shoulders and you should take proper precautions to protect your own security. If you take a personal photo of yourself and in the background just happens to be the front of your home with your address clearly showing then you have just released some very personal information. There is no way we can automatically check for something of that nature and you could be putting yourself in harm’s way if you don’t put thought into what photos or other information you include in your Adamo Dating profile.
Third Party Websites
Last Updated November 12, 2017.